Learn more about a great arm and ab burner, including a demo & sample workout!
Somehow Monday is upon us again! I hope you had a great weekend. I cut my hair, did some orangetheory, and volunteered at a doggie event. Sweet.
Juno also completed her obedience training class–proud momma–and is continuing on to the AP class of dog training, prep for canine good citizen. Stoked.
It’s that time of the week again: movement Monday!
One of the most frequent comments I’ve been hearing from women around me is that it can be very hard to fit exercise into their daily routines. I want to help.
Each week, I profile one awesome exercise, explain why I love it, show some demos, and share a sample circuit you can throw into your day. Each movement will either be bodyweight or only require dumbbells. If there is an exercise you would like to see profiled, let me know in the comments below.
This week, I’m profiling the Mountain Climber Pike Press.
Why I love it
Abs and shoulders, ladies.
- In addition to strengthening your abs and shoulders, it’s going to get your heart rate up. This is GREAT when you’re limited on time and want a lot of bang for your buck.
- No equipment needed. Nuff said.
- Hold the plank to start. Brace your core.
- Complete two mountain climbers, one per side.
- Jump your feet into a pike position.
- Minding your low back, don’t let it arch, drop the top of head to the ground.
- Eliminate the jump from the mountain climber.
- Shorten your range of motion, no need to tap your head on the ground.
- Elevate! Put your feet up on a chair to maximize the angle on the pike press and challenge your abs.
- Pull your feet in closer when doing the pike.
Here’s a five minute HIIT circuit that doesn’t require any equipment. Do it anywhere!
Aim for three rounds through, resting for one minute at the end of each circuit.
I’ll be posting a demo of the circuit on Instagram too. Be sure to follow me so you don’t miss out on the fun!
What’s one movement you would like to know more about?