Yay for making it to another Wednesday! I hope your week is going so well 🙂
With another Workout Wednesday upon us, today I’m sharing a workout I wrote for the woman who “doesn’t like lifting weights.” Normally when people say they don’t like lifting, it’s because it seems boring. Counting your reps, doing a bunch of sets of the exact same exercise, and standing in one place for an extended period isn’t always exciting. I get it…very meh.
Still though, there are SO many benefits to lifting weights that it needs to be in everyone’s routine. A couple examples…
- Higher metabolism
- Increased lean muscle mass (and that “toned” appearance)
- Better sleep
- Lower blood pressure
- Stronger bones
- Lower the bad cholesterol
- Higher EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption = afterburn = burns more calories AFTER you’re doing working out)
- AND the list goes on!
So, if boredom is the issue, we need to make the workout more exciting. Not a problem. Got ya covered. When someone is worried about a workout being boring, I do two things.
- Set the workout up on an interval/circuit style. No counting reps, set the timer and you’re good to go.
- NO repeating exercises. You’ll do one long circuit with a mix of traditional strength exercises, plyometrics, and cardio to max your calorie burn and keep you entertained.
Here’s my lower body workout for the woman who’s easily bored! You will need a set of dumbbells to complete it. If you don’t have them, get creative, but try to add some resistance. Go through it once or twice.
Let me know how you like this one! You can follow along here!
If you’re loving this style of workout, don’t forget! I’ve launched five of my go-to workouts for when you’re traveling. All of them are either bodyweight or dumbbell only AND they’re less than thirty minutes. And they’re free. If you’d like to check ’em out, all you need to do is sign up here.
What is a type of workout (equipment, body part targeted, time limit, etc) you’d like to see?